[R] Daily Time Series, patterns.

mekbatub mekbatub at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 19:26:52 CET 2012

Hi.

I would like to ask You for help:

I am new in R and i use R for forecasting, i have problem. I am trying to
build daily time series:

My data looks like this:

Date    |   quantity

2012-11-01 | 142
2012-11-02 | 156
2012-11-05 | 151
2012-11-06 | 121
2012-11-07 | 118
2012-11-08 | 119
2012-11-11 | 160

My goal in general is to build time series, and to find "7-day" patterns,
decompose data and forecast.

I dont know how tu use dates to build daily time series (to convert that
dates, that would be good for time series functions), notice that there is
missing data on certain days (like weekends, or days when warehouse was
closed, so there was no releases) so I cant just use rep function to build
replacement for dates like 1-5, start from...

How would You do this?

Sorry for my english, if there is something more to explain, just tell me.