[R] kernel smoothing of disease rates at locations

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Feb 2 20:57:16 CET 2012

Caveat: Both of the following claims are subject to verification by
true experts, which I am not. But I believe:

1. If all values being smoothed are positive, then the smoother must
be also. If there are negative values, this is no longer true, and
your question needs much more detail to get an answer.

2. Just restrict the (pointwise) CI's to your desired range if they
fall outside of it. This assumes that values outside the range cannot
occur. If that assumption is wrong, again you will need to provide
much greater detail.

-- Bert