[R] Author at R

Matyas Sustik msustik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 23:12:06 CET 2012

Hi All,

Could someone point me to an example on how to use Author at R in a package
DESCRIPTION file?  Say with 2 authors: John Doe and Jane Doe, the
latter is a maintainer which could replace:

Author: John Doe, Jane Doe
Maintainer: Jane Doe

"Both ‘Author’ and ‘Maintainer’ can be omitted (as from R 2.14.0) if a
suitable ‘Authors at R’ is given. This field can be used to provide a
refined, machine-readable description of the package “authors” (in
particular specifying their precise roles), via suitable R code. The
roles can include ‘"aut"’ (author) for full authors, ‘"cre"’ (creator)
for the package maintainer, and ‘"ctb"’ (contributor) for other
contributors, among others. See ?person for more information. Note
that no role is assumed by default. Auto-generated package citation
information takes advantage of this specification; in R 2.14.0 or
later, the ‘Author’ and ‘Maintainer’ fields are auto-generated from it
if needed when building or installing."

Yes, I also checked ?person but no example there either.  I am quite a
newbie and preparing my first R package... Thanks!

-Matyas