[R] Author at R

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Sun Feb 5 23:34:28 CET 2012

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Matyas Sustik wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could someone point me to an example on how to use Author at R in a package
> DESCRIPTION file?

There is an introduction in the following report:
http://epub.wu.ac.at/3269/

> Say with 2 authors: John Doe and Jane Doe, the latter is a maintainer
> which could replace:
>
> Author: John Doe, Jane Doe
> Maintainer: Jane Doe

You can use

Authors at R: c(person(given = "John", family = "Doe", role = "aut"),
   person(given = "Jane", family = "Doe", role = c("aut", "cre"),
     email = "Jane.Doe at e-mail.org"))

If you omit the Author/Maintainer fields, then R CMD build will produce
them automatically as

Author: John Doe [aut], Jane Doe [aut, cre]
Maintainer: Jane Doe <Jane.Doe at e-mail.org>

hth,