[R] Flexmix new data classification

Bettina Gruen Bettina.Gruen at jku.at
Tue Feb 7 10:12:24 CET 2012

Hi,

> I built a flexmix GLM binomial model with 200 observations and the model
> gave me 2 clusters, so if the model is named as newModel then i get the
> cluster index for each row using newModel at clusters. Now is there any way to
> predict  which cluster the new observation or 201 observation belongs to
> using the above built model (newModel) ie so 201 observation can either
> belong to cluster 1 or cluster 2.

You can obtain the predicted cluster memberships from the fitted model
using the accessor function clusters(), i.e.,

clusters(newModel).

If you want to predict the cluster memberships of new observations, you can
then use

clusters(newModel, newdata = data_frame_with_new_observations)

HTH,
Bettina

> Thanks
>
> --

Bettina Grün
Institut für Angewandte Statistik / IFAS
Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Altenbergerstraße 69
4040 Linz, Austria

Tel: +43 732 2468-6829