[R] Lattice - different axis length

Florian Weiler fweiler08 at jhubc.it
Tue Feb 7 15:55:46 CET 2012

Thanks a lot for your help!

I found that the relation="free" command was very helpful, but then I had a
little space between the axis and where the bars actually begun. I tried to
deal with it in a panel function but was unable to do so. However, I found a
way providing a list to xlim:

barchart(country ~ new + cdmcarbonmarkets +  energy +
aviationmaritimetransport +	forestry|period, data=graph5,
         as.table=T,
         layout=c(3,1),
         par.strip.text=list(cex=1.5),
        * xlim=list(c(.7,10),c(.8,12),c(8,130)),
         scales = list(alternating = 3, cex=1.2,x=list(relation="free")),*
         xlab="",
         col=c("grey25","grey75","grey0","grey100","grey50"),
         stack=T)

Oddly enough, I had to play around with the initial value to make the gap go
away. The above code now produces exactly what I want (i.e. the bar start at
0 and have the right length). I do not really know why this is the case
though. I would have expected the bars to be too short???

Still, I am happy with the result and thank you again for you help