[R] R on Android

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 17:28:07 CET 2012

On Jan 1, 2012, at 11:07 AM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2012, at 10:05 AM, Federico J. Villatoro wrote:
>
>> Hello,I am new to this list.
>
> So new that you have not yet read the posting guide it appears.
>
>> I have ben wondering if there is an app to run
>> R on mobile devices? Specially android...Thanks in advance
>
> Quick answer: Not yet (as such). Longer answer. Do a search:
>
> > RSiteSearch("Android")
> A search query has been submitted to http://search.r-project.org
> The results page should open in your browser shortly
>
> The results does not include the prior discussions in rhelp, but if
> you change the settings on that page and rerun, you should get them.

The Baron search site seems to record the fact that discussions on r-
devel have occurred but fails to link to them properly, so this is an
alternative strategy for the r-devel archive search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=android+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fstat.ethz.ch%2Fpipermail%2Fr-devel%2F&hl=en&num=20

Unfortunately people are no using android in their domain names and
the search includes headers, so about half of those hits are off-target.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT