[R] Spatial data, rpoispp, using window with fixed radius?

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 7 02:01:06 CET 2012

On 07/01/12 02:17, herbert8686 at gmx.de wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was searching through the spatstat manual in order to find a function to simulate a Poisson pattern only within a fixed radius (circular moving window) around individual points. If points are distributed heterogeneously over a large area this may help to only assess deviation from CSR within the window and thus does not require additional information on a covariate. I could not find such a function in spatstat. Can please anyone help?

It's not clear to me just what you want to do, but it *sounds* like you want
to simulate a cluster process with each cluster being a Poisson pattern
in a disk of fixed radius.  If so, the function rMatClust() does just
what you
want.

It seems to me also possible that you want to "pre-specify" the cluster
centres,
or parent points.  Such a capability is *not* currently built into
"spatstat" but
would not be hard to code up.  Let me know if you indeed want to pre-specify
the cluster centres.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner