[R] Restricting R session

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 12 10:03:36 CET 2012

On 11.01.2012 21:13, Antonio Rodriges wrote:
> Thank you, Uwe,
>
> below are my comments
>
>>> In particular, how to prohibit some set of functions, for example,
>>> from "base" package?
>>

>> You can't: R is free software.
>
> This does not imply it must be inflexible and unsuitable for cloud services

The opposite: It implies it is extremely flexible in the sense a user
can do anything the OS allows, e.g by installation of packages that
reimplement functions you had prohibited before. I don't see why this is
related to cloud services. In a cloud process, again, the user can do as
much with R as the OS allows, hence you may want to run it in a virtual
machine in such a case.

Uwe Ligges