[R] R for windows 64 bit

Manta mantino84 at libero.it
Thu Jan 12 12:18:01 CET 2012

Dear all,

I know this may have been already discussed, but I could not find a
solution.

I am using R 13.2 64 bit on a 64 bit machine dual core. I'm fitting a Cox
proportional model to a matrix 1e06x7. Before starting the model fitting I
set memory.size(max=10000) and I do a clean of the garbage collector (gc()).

Once launched, the program works, works, works and then, after a certain
period, it reaches a standstill, with CPU usage 50% and memory usage
somewhere above 5GB, flat! Maybe when swapping to the virtual memory the
process gets stuck. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Best, Marco