[R] R for windows 64 bit

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jan 12 13:41:32 CET 2012

1. Please cite the former part of the thread.
2. We need a reproducible example that shows the "standstill" situation.
3. I doubt you can provide 2: it probably just looks like "standstill",
but is the slow memory access for virtual memory. Therefore:

a) upgrade your R (13.2 is an invalid version anyway, 2.14.1 is the
recent release version)

b) Try on a bigger machine or upgrade the available memory in your
machine. Try on a 16Gb machine, for example. This is easily possible
with simple modern home computers nowadays, 4*4 Gb is roughly 100 EUR
nowadays.

Uwe Ligges