[R] Averaging within a range of values

doggysaywhat chwhite at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 13 22:02:04 CET 2012

Hello Jeff, thank you for the reply.  I tried the cut function and I had two
questions.  How do I have the cut function take the first position in the
start column in df1 as the first cut point and the first position in column
2 as the second cut point.  The break variable seems to want a single
vector.  I tried compressing both vectors into one where I had say

200
700
500
1000
etc

then cut gives me the 200-500 range, 500-700, and 700-1000.  In this case I
wanted the range, 200-700, and 500-1000.

Is there a way to define the first point of each cut as positions along the
START vector and all second points of the cut as positions along the END
vector?

I also had one additional question.  When playing around with this, I
noticed that I had to do this for the Pos column in the second data frame.
But, when I get the ranges, how do I have it return the values in C0 or C1
in df2 that are in the same rows as those of the ranges?

Thanks again for the help.