[R] How do I compare 47 GLM models with 1 to 5 interactions and unique combinations?

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:29:46 CET 2012

Thank you everyone for your dedication to improving 'R' - its function to
statistical analysis and comments.

I have now 48 models (unique combinations of 1 to 6 variables) and have put
them into a list and gained the results for all models. Below is a sample of
my script & results:

m$model48 <- Model48.glm
> sapply(m, extractAIC)

      model47  model48
[1,]    8.000   46.000
[2,] 6789.863 3549.543

1) How do you interpret these results? What is 1 and 2?
2) I have been suggested to try a quasibinomial, once responses are fixed.
Is this necessary? If so is there a way I can do this by considering all
these models ?
3) Then gaussian?

Much appreciated!
Saludos, J