[R] How do I compare a multiple staged response with multivariables to a Development Index?

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:37:25 CET 2012

Hi R- listeners,

I should add that I would like also to compare my field data to an index
model. The index was created by using the following script:

devel.index <- function(values, weights=c(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)) {
  foo <- values*weights
  return(apply(foo, 1, sum) / apply(values, 1, sum))
}

Background:
Surveyed turtle egg embryos have been categorized into 6 stages of
development in the field. The stages in the field data are named ST0, ST1,
ST2, ST3, ST4, Shells. from the data = data.to.analyze.

Q?
1. What is the best way to analyze the field data on embryonic development
of 6 stages?
2. Doing this while considering, testing the variables: Veg, HTL,
Aeventexhumed, Sector, Rayos, TotalEggs?
3. And then compare the results to a development index.

The goal is to determine hatching success in various areas of the beach. And
try to create a development index of these microenvironments. Seasonality
would play a key role. Is this possible?

Many thanks!
Saludos, Jean