[R] How to compare stacked histograms/datasets

Atulkakrana atulkakrana at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:25:58 CEST 2012

Hello Joshua,

Thanks for taking time out to help me with problem. Actually the comparison
is to be done among two (if possible, more than two) datasets and not within
the dataset. Each dataset hold 5 variables (i.e Red, Purple, Blue, Grey and
Yellow) for 21 different positions i.e 1-21n. So, we have 5 values for each
position (total 21) that make a single dataset or stacked histogram (Plot in
original post).

Initially I was comparing datasets by plotting stacked histograms for each
and analyzing them visually. But that doesn't give a statistical idea of how
similar or different the datasets are. Therefore, I want to evaluate the
datasets in order to quantify their difference/similarity. So, end result
would be a plot showing similarity/difference among two or more datasets.

Example datasets: http://pastebin.com/iYj1RNvt

Does the method you explained can be applied to multiple datasets? Can a
qqplot be obtained in such a case?

Awaiting your reply

Thanks

Atul