[R] Extracting arithmetic mean for specific values from multiple .txt-files

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 01:35:07 CEST 2012

Since you did not provide an example of the file, I will take a guess
at the content and show to to extract the values and take the mean of
all of them since you did not say if you want the mean of each file,
or a single means.

myData <- do.call(c, lapply(1:65, function(.file){
	x <- read.csv(paste0("XYZ_", .file, ".txt"))
	x[15:166, 'colH']
})))

mean(myData)