[R] "duplicate couples (time-id)" Problem

Saint bahman.zadeh at comhem.se
Thu Jul 12 17:38:31 CEST 2012

Hi!

Would be grateful if somebody helped me understand this error message after
trying to run a panel data:

PanelData <- read.xls("/Users/Bahman/Desktop/Taylor
rule/Data/PanelData2.xls")

attach(PanelData)

# Panel Data regresson for all countrys.
> Answer <- plm(NOM.INT.RATE ~ INFL + TARGET.INFL +
> DEVIATION.FROM.TARGET.INFL + NOM.INT.RATE , data=PanelData,
> model="within")
> duplicate couples (time-id)
Error in pdim.default(index[[1]], index[[2]]) :

What does this error mean? What am I doing wrong?

/ Saint