[R] R2wd package wdGet() error

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Tue Jul 24 01:48:02 CEST 2012

On 7/23/2012 4:25 PM, Jean V Adams wrote:
> I am having trouble using the R2wd package.  The last time I used it
> successfully, I was running an earlier version of R and an earlier version
> of Word with an earlier Windows OS.  I'm not sure which if any of these
> changes might be contributing to the problem.  Right now I'm using
>       R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30) for Windows
>       MS Word 2010 version 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit)
>       Windows 7 Enterprise 2009 (Service Pack 1)
>
> When I submit the following code
>       library(R2wd)
>       library(rcom)
>       wdGet()
> I get this error message
>       Error in if (wdapp[["Documents"]][["Count"]] == 0)
> wdapp[["Documents"]]$Add() :
>         argument is of length zero
I have a new R on a new Win7 OS since I last wdget() so i decided to try
to reproduce your error
I tried your code and got the same error (R2.15.1), but the library(rcom)

However, as you note below, that line also told me to install
RDCOMClient with the command;

installstatconnDCOM()

I did this and the install happened seamlessly with only a few user
interactions.

wdget() now works just fine.  The only missing instruction here is that
it is necessary to stop and restart R after installing the RDCOMClient.
If you did not try that give it a try.  It worked well for me.

Rob