[R] warning message while plotting taylor diagram

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Jul 27 11:59:35 CEST 2012

On 07/26/2012 10:27 PM, Henrik Singmann wrote:
> Dear Waheed,
>
> As you correctly inferred, these are just warnings and dont need to
> bother you now. The maintainer/author of the taylor.diagram function
> should be more worried.
>
> These warnings just say that in upcoming versions of R the functions
> within taylor.diagram() will not work anymore. However, when this will
> happen is unclear.
>
> Currently, everything is okay.

Hi Waheed and Henrik,
The problem is that either "obs" or "M3" is a data frame. The first two
arguments to the function are supposed to be vectors, so perhaps you
have extracted one element of a data frame using something like this:

M3<-my.data.frame[1]
OR
M3<-my.data.frame["M3"]

which produces a one column data frame. I'll stick a conditional
"unlist" into the function to prevent this from causing trouble in
future. Thanks for letting me know.

Jim