[R] Error accessing Vegan package

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:54:27 CEST 2012

Bob Green <bgreen <at> dyson.brisnet.org.au> writes:

> I am wanting to download the Vegan package zip file. When I tried to
> do this I obtained the following message:
>
> "Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server.
> The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please
> inform the author of that page about the error. If you think this is
> a server error, please contact the webmaster.
>
> The author of Vegan advised: "This looks like a problem in CRAN. The
> "author of the page" is the CRAN webmaster".
>
> I clicked on the Cran webmaster link but my e-mail program only
> generated this address: [no address given]

  [snip]

  Can you give us a little bit more information about where you looked
(i.e. what URL/mirror ?)
I had no trouble retrieving a Windows binary package for vegan from

http://probability.ca/cran/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/vegan_2.0-4.zip

and I also tried

http://cran.csiro.au/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/vegan_2.0-4.zip

  You could take a look at http://probability.ca/cran/mirmon_report.html