[R] Univariate Time Series Analysis in R

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jul 31 23:10:49 CEST 2012

On 01/08/12 04:16, J Toll wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM, override <hugosena at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I want to realise an univariate time series analysis in R, can someone help
>> me for the first steps?
> There's a lot of material on this subject if you just do a basic
> search of Google or rseek.org.  As already mentioned, the CRAN Task
> View is also very helpful.  For a quick tutorial maybe try:
>
> R Time Series Tutorial
> http://www.stat.pitt.edu/stoffer/tsa3/R_toot.htm

This is a bit OT, but I just had a look at the forgoing page, and
the first R example given indicates that 2+2 = 5.  I presume that
this is a joke, but it seems to me to be a weak one, and could put
off a complete newbie, particularly someone whose first language
was not English.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner