[R] rgraphviz problem

Søren Højsgaard sorenh at math.aau.dk
Sun Jun 24 14:49:25 CEST 2012

Dear Anton,

You may find the description on
http://people.math.aau.dk/~sorenh/software/gR/index.html
helpful.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of Anton Gerostathos
Sent: 24. juni 2012 14:28
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] rgraphviz problem

Hello

I desperately need help with installing the Rgraphviz package under windows 7.
Please forget my ignorance of basic topics, I’m a psychiatrist trying to use text mining to analyse psychiatric reports for criminal courts, statistics and machine learning are within my reach but R environnement subtleties not really...

I have read existing posts on rgraphviz installation problems that I have also encountered (i.e. R help - Rgraphviz installation problem) but after correcting these I get the following message  – differences from problem posted in bold :

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Rgraphviz', details:
call: value[[3L]](cond)
error: unable to load shared object
C:/Users/User/Documents/R/win-library/2.15/Rgraphviz/libs/x64/Rgraphviz.dll'
LoadLibrary failure: %1 is not a valid win32 application

I understand that the problem can be related to the x64 version. So I copied the i386 version of the library in the path mentionned, replacing the x64 version, but new failure and same message received. I do not know how to change the path specified when loading rgraphviz neither whether this could change something.

I would really appreciate any kind of help

A Gerostathos

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]