[R] Vector errors and missing values

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Mar 2 15:15:09 CET 2012

Hi

> Hi Petr!
>
> Thank you for responding to my post.
>
> I checked out all my variables in the way you suggested and they are all
in
> integer form, but here are many missing values in some of my vectors,
> denoted with NA.
>
> So, they are in the correct form, I am just wondering if there is
something
> else I need to do to the NAs to be able to run my regressions. Because
as it
> is now, R may not be taking the NAs into account and that would cause a

No. R functions usually react to NA with correct and in help pages
specified ways. I do not know which functions you used and how. You still
fail to provide any reasonable info.

> mismatch in vector length. But I don't think that it is expected that
all
> your predictor variables and your outcome variable be the same length. I

Without context I recall that you used some kind of regression. How do you
suppose any regression or model can be executed if variables have
different length?

> would imagine that is often not the case for most people when they
collect
> data.

That is why there are missing values used. And regressins can usually
handle missing values based on na.action parameter value smoothly. At
least for me and for thousands of R users for more than 10 years.
Therefore I suspect that problem is either in your data or in the way you
use them.

But if you fail to provide some code and data you stay alone for resolving
your problems.

Regards
Petr