[R] Reading in 9.6GB .DAT File - OK with 64-bit R?

Jan van der Laan rhelp at eoos.dds.nl
Fri Mar 9 15:28:08 CET 2012

You could also have a look at the LaF package which is written to
handle large text files:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/LaF/index.html

Under the vignettes you'll find a manual.

Note: LaF does not help you to fit 9GB of data in 4GB of memory, but
it could help you reading your file block by block and filtering it.

Jan