[R] Manipulate strings reordering some elements

Igor Sosa Mayor joseleopoldo1792 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:42:54 CET 2012

Hi R-Users,

I want to manipulate some strings in the following way. I have the
following vector with spanish municipalities:

municipios<-c("Allande", "Aller", "Amieva", "Avilés", "Belmonte de
Miranda",
"Degaña", "Franco (El)", "Gijón", "Gozón", "Grado", "Grandas de Salime",
"Quirós", "Regueras (Las)", "Ribadedeva", "Ribadesella", "Ribera de
Arriba")

The problem is: some names have an article ("Franco (El)", "Regueras
(Las)"). Others don't. I want to do the following conversion:

"Regueras (Las)"---> "Las Regueras"

That is: I want to loop through the names, look whether they have a
postponed article, extract and delete this article and put it in front
of the rest of the name.

Any hints? Thanks in advance.

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor   :: joseleopoldo1792 at gmail.com ::