[R] uneven vector length issue with read.zoo?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat May 5 02:29:19 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:37 PM, knavero <knavero at gmail.com> wrote:
> "However, I do wonder why it still complains of the vector length even though
> I nulled out the other columns. It's an interesting error to run into.
> Probably looks at FUN before nulling out the other columns was my theory. "
>
> Referring to just a straight up read.zoo in this case ^

If you are referring to your pastebin code then the actual error that
code similar to it gives is:

> crac <- read.zoo(URL, skip = 1, header = TRUE,
+    colClasses = rep(c(NA, "numeric", "NULL"), c(1, 1, 3)),
+    FUN = chr, sep = ",")
Error in read.zoo(URL, skip = 1, header = TRUE, colClasses = rep(c(NA,  :
  index has bad entries at data rows: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28

and that is because there are empty values in the index field.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com