[R] uneven vector length issue with read.zoo?

knavero knavero at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:42:50 CEST 2012

Right, but it seems to me that the error being the NA's in the index field
are caused by the longer vector lengths of columns 4 and 5. I would think
that the EOF in the scanf() (assuming C is used for the source code) would
be called where the NA's begin in columns 1 and 2 since columns 3:5 are
nulled out. Does this sound like a possible case?

So, if the read in data only contained columns 1 and 2, it wouldn't even
look at columns 3:5 and thus, rows 14 and so on wouldn't even be looked at
and that would be EOF already - resulting in no error.