[R] How to re-order clusters of hclust output?

Emmanuel Levy emmanuel.levy at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:15:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

The heatmap function conveniently has a "reorder.dendrogram" function
so that clusters follow a certain logic.

It seems that the hclust function doesn't have such feature. I can use
the "reorder" function on the dendrogram obtained from hclust, but
this does not modify the hclust object itself.

I understand that the answer should be within the "heatmap" function
given that it uses hclust to work, but I find it very hard to follow
actually. For example I just don;t get what is 1L and 2L.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Emmanuel