[R] masked by GlobalEnv ???

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:20:06 CEST 2012

The right response is not to use attach().

What's going on is that you have objects by those names in your global
workspace and in the object you are attaching. Since .GlobalEnv is
always (?) first on the search path, you won't be able to see those
that you just added unless you remove the ones in .GlobalEnv (which
name lookup will find first) Whether this is something you need to do
something about is up to you -- it depends which ones you want to
access.

Still, I'll repeat -- the right answer is don't use attach().

Michael