[R] Q - scatterplot, plot function & trellis linear regressions???

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Sun May 20 04:39:53 CEST 2012

Thank you Simon,
Yes this was in the library(car). There were no negative values in the
scatterplot graph or negative limits displayed.

Q-2 Are you sure the lines from the scatterplot are not this?:
solid green line: linear regression
solid red line: non-linear regression
upper dashed red line: upper limits 75 percentile
lower dashed red line: lower limits 25 percentile

Q-3
I am trying to make a trellis of linear regressions but unsuccessful . I
want 3 windows displaying 3 events of linear regression (two-way
interactions). I have been trying this:

require(lattice)
> library(lattice)
> trellis.par.set(col.whitebg())
> scatterplot(DevelopIndex~Veg|Aeventexhumed,
+             xlab = "Distance to vegetation border",
+             ylab = "Embryonic development index")
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object 'DevelopIndex' not found

This error appears and I am not able to produce the trellis of 3 windows
displaying 3 events of linear regressions.

Please advise
Thank you, Jean