[R] Q - scatterplot, plot function & trellis linear regressions???

Jhope jeanwaijang at gmail.com
Mon May 21 00:03:37 CEST 2012

HI R-listers,

Thanks for the replies I am convinced of Q 1 and 2.

Q 3 -  I am still unsuccessful. Aeventexhumed has three events A, B and C. I
am unable to make 3 windows of scatterplot graphs side by side showing the
difference in regression of each event.  With and without lattice I have
tried, but the only graph that is produced is one graph with all three
events (A, B, and C) plotted in one window (R script below).  I want to show
the 3 Aeventexhumed events separately in 3 plots next to each other in one
window. Previously, I have been able to make this is trellis.par.set with
boxplots.

>library(car)
> library(lattice)
> trellis.par.set(col.whitebg())
> par(mfrow=c(1,3))
> scatterplot(HSuccess~Veg|Aeventexhumed,
+             data = data.to.analyze,
+             xlab ="Distance to vegetation border",
+             ylab = "Hatching success (%)")

Please advise, Jean