[R] cacheSweave problem

annihination czuo3 at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 26 18:40:58 CET 2012

I noticed the following problem with cacheSweave.

If I want to print the result of a list object, with cache=TRUE option, if I
just use summary(x), the output would not appear in the tex file. If I use
print(summary(x)) instead, the output would appear.

With cache=FALSE option, however, summary(x) and print(summary(x)) both have
the output.

Is this a bug for cacheSweave package?

%This chunk would not have output
<<eval=T,echo=T,results=verbatim,cache=TRUE>>=
x=NULL
x[[1]]=rnorm(100)
x[[2]]=rnorm(100)
x[[3]]=rnorm(100)
summary(x)
@

%This chunk would have output
<<eval=T,echo=T,results=verbatim,cache=TRUE>>=
print(summary(x))
@

%This chunk would also have output
<<eval=T,echo=T,results=verbatim,cache=FALSE>>=
summary(x)
@