[R] cosine curve fit

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 27 10:40:22 CET 2012

Le 26/11/12 18:19, dysonsphere a écrit :
> does anybody have a suggestion as to how to use R to fit some date to a
> cosine function and then have some output statistics that will evaluate the
> fit?

You could take a look at the package phenology.
It fits several periodic functions (cosine) onto timeseries of counts.
I don't know what you want exactly and so I don't know if it can be on
some help.
In case it does not what you look for, we could discuss as I develop
this package.

A common alternative is to use fourrier transforms.

Sincerely

Marc

Marc Girondot, Pr

Laboratoire Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution
Equipe de Conservation des Populations et des Communautés
CNRS, AgroParisTech et Université Paris-Sud 11 , UMR 8079
Bâtiment 362
91405 Orsay Cedex, France

Tel:  33 1 (0)1.69.15.72.30   Fax: 33 1 (0)1.69.15.73.53
e-mail: marc.girondot at u-psud.fr
Web: http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/Marc.html
Skype: girondot