[R] some help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 3 20:31:29 CET 2012

On Nov 3, 2012, at 9:07 AM, dattel_palme wrote:

> Hi People!
>
> I have following concern consisting of some steps to do in R:
>
> I have an ascii file (table) consisting of many columns and rows.
> 1. I would like to order all values of the columns one under each other. It
> will begin with column 1, then column 2 under column 1, column 3 under
> column 2 etc. until at the end there is only 1 column. How do I do it?

something along the lines of

dat <- read.table(filename, sep=<separator>, header=TRUE)
stacked <- do.call(rbind, dat)

> 2. Second problem is to make a scatterplot of two variables (I think after
> further explanation scatter plot itself will not be needed). I have two
> columns of two different variables (that I produces before),

Did you now? But from the data produced above you only have one column. Is this another data-object where these column have names?

> column 1 with
> variable 1 and column 2 with variable 2. I would like to order them by one
> variable and 0,01 interval (the varibale values will range between 0 and 1).
>> From each 0,01 interval (100 intervals) i want to pick the maximum and
> minimum value of variable 2.

That is incoherent to this native speaker of English who is sometimes confused by presentations of problems without concrete references. An example would help greatly.

> 3. From the obtained max and min of values of each interval i would like to
> make a linear least square regression.

Definitely need an example. Please read the Posting Guide.