[R] some help

dattel_palme dattel_palme at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 4 16:04:05 CET 2012

HI David,

Thanks for your answers,
I can't provide data here, but I can explain more:

It's satellite images as a text file (ascii). Two different images with two
different variables, land surface temperature (LST -lstascii =filename) and
an vegetation index (NDVI - ndviascii = filename).

The aim was to do a scatter plot of NDVI against LST, whereas the NDVI
should be on the x-axis. - The scatter plot itself is not needed as you will
see.

As I cannot compare each value (pixel value) in one image to the respective
value in the other image, i had the idea to sort all columns one under each
other. In the end I would have one column of one variable. I wanted to put
the two variables LST and NDVI together in one table, so that I have two
columns with two variables, and the value of one variable (NDVI) in each row
can be compared directly to the value of the other variable (LST) in the
same row. Why that? I wanted to sort the columns by the NDVI variable and
make 0,01 NDVI intervals. From each of these intervals I wanted to know the
max and min LST. These values I need for the regression - see the graph in
the file attached.

I this more clear now?

Attached you can see the regression line I need to find. For this I
developed this process (because I cannot compare pixel value by pixel value
in a multi column and row table).

<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4648410/scatterplot.jpg>

Best Regards
Stefan