[R] installing a package from Archive

grazia at stat.columbia.edu grazia at stat.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 1 16:02:35 CEST 2012

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
Thanks a lot.
Following your suggestions, I have done the following:

zercona:Downloads graziapittau$ R CMD INSTALL blme 0.01-4.tar.gz
Warning: invalid package ‘0.01-4.tar.gz’
* installing to library
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library’
* installing *source* package ‘blme’ ...
** package ‘blme’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** libs
*** arch - i386
sh: make: command not found
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘blme’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/blme’
* restoring previous
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/blme’

Unfortunately, I still get an error message and from Rthe following:

library(blme)
Error in library(blme) : ‘blme’ is not a valid installed package

Where am I doing wrong?
Thanks a lot.
Grazia

--