[R] installing a package from Archive

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:07:08 CEST 2012

On 01/10/2012 10:02 AM, grazia at stat.columbia.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2012, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> Thanks a lot.
> Following your suggestions, I have done the following:
>

> zercona:Downloads graziapittau$ R CMD INSTALL blme 0.01-4.tar.gz
> Warning: invalid package ‘0.01-4.tar.gz’

The filename should not have a space in it.  I think the original had an
underscore; if that's been lost, you need to rename the file to
something with no spaces.  (You can probably quote the filename, but the
details of how to do that depend on your shell; it's easier just to
avoid filenames that contain spaces.)

Duncan Murdoch