[R] svyboxplot - library (survey)

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Thu Oct 18 05:12:35 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Muhuri, Pradip (SAMHSA/CBHSQ)
<Pradip.Muhuri at samhsa.hhs.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand that svyhist ()  provides density histograms with density values on the y-axis (R code shown below).  Is there a way one can have relative relative frequency histograms with relative freqencies on the y-axis?

You get frequencies just by asking for them with freq: compare
   svyhist(~enroll, dstrat, main="Survey weighted",col="purple",freq=TRUE)
   svyhist(~enroll, dstrat, main="Survey weighted",col="purple")

If you mean that you want the heights of the bars to sum to 1, the
simplest way I know of is to rescale the weights to sum to 1 and use
freq=TRUE

   -thomas

Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics