[R] corrgram

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:42:32 CEST 2012

Claudia, When you are asking a question about a particular _package_,
you should try to contact the package maintainer with the question.

Now, to answer your question...There is no simple way.  You can always
use the "grid" package to annotate plots however you like.  Here is an
example that shows how it _could_ be done.  Ugly, however.

side.txt <- function (x = 0.5, y = 0.5, txt, cex, font, srt) {
  NULL
}

corrgram(mtcars[2:6], order=TRUE,
         labels=c('Axle
ratio','Weight','Displacement','Cylinders','Horsepower'),
         cex.labels=1.5,
         upper.panel=panel.conf, lower.panel=panel.pie,
         diag.panel=panel.minmax, text.panel=side.txt)

require("grid")
grid.clip()
lab <- "Displacement"

pushViewport(viewport(.04, .5, width = stringWidth(lab), angle=90,
                      height = unit(2, "lines"), name = "pagenum", gp
= gpar(fontsize = 8)))
grid.text(lab, gp=gpar(srt=45), just = c("left", "bottom"))
popViewport()

pushViewport(viewport(.5, .04, width = stringWidth(lab),

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:54 AM, paladini <paladini at beuth-hochschule.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>  I have a question concerning the function "correlogram" from
> library(corrgram).
>
> Is it possible do write the variable names not in the diagonal  but on the
> left and at the buttom of the graphic?
> I searched the manual and tried a lot but didn't get it.
>

> Thank you very much and best regards
>

> Claudia

Kevin Wright