[R] List of Variables in Original Order

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 07:00:18 CEST 2012

HI,
May be this helps you:
set.seed(1)
 mat1<-matrix(rnorm(60,5),nrow=5,ncol=12)
colnames(mat1)<-paste0("Var",1:12)
vec2<-format(c(1,cor(mat1[,1],mat1[,2:12])),digits=4)
vec3<-colnames(mat1)
arr2<-array(rbind(vec3,vec2),dim=c(2,3,4))
res<-data.frame(do.call(rbind,lapply(1:dim(arr2)[3],function(i) arr2[,,i])))
 res
#        X1       X2       X3
#1     Var1     Var2     Var3
#2  1.00000  0.27890 -0.61497