[R] How to write R package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 28 19:59:51 CEST 2012

On 28.09.2012 14:22, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 27/09/2012 5:15 PM, Dr. Alireza Zolfaghari wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> Would you please send me a good link to talk me through on how to
>> write a R
>> package?
>>

> See the ?package.skeleton help page.  After you have run it, follow the
> instructions in the "Read-and-delete-me" file that it will create.
>
> For full details, see the Writing R Extensions manual.
>
> For modifying the package after you've finished the "Read-and-delete-me"
> instructions, just manually add *.R files where the rest of them are,
> and use the prompt() function to produce skeleton documentation.
>
> That's about it, but you can read more if you like in a tutorial I gave
> a few years ago at a UseR meeting in Dortmund:
>
> http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/slides/Murdoch.pdf

... and there are others who gave talks or tutorials about it (inlcuding
myself).

Nevertheless, I'd recommend to look into the manual "Writing R
Extensions" which is updated with R and with the changes in the package
related mechanisms --- while all our talks and tutorials won't get
updated. Probably Duncan's is still correct, but I want to make this
remark for the list's archives.

Best,
Uwe Ligges