[R] custom startup/welcome message

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Apr 5 00:29:09 CEST 2013

On 04/05/2013 01:49 AM, lejeczek wrote:
> yeap, I've done it,
> I was hoping for a complete customization,
> and even Rprofile.site adds only to what is being printed by default
> anyway,
> I mean that header is always there. R version..... untill "Type 'q()'..
> and R -q silences everything :(

Hi lejeczek,
I had an idea and typed:

demo(base)
demo(R)

and there is no demo for "base" or "R". It is possible to create a file
named R.R and stick it in the library/base/demo directory under the R
home directory (on my PC it is /usr/local/lib64/R) with R source code in
it. If you then enter:

demo(R)

in R you will run the file. You can put any valid R code into it.

Jim