[R] problem quitting

Julian Wells julianwells at gn.apc.org
Wed Apr 10 07:19:20 CEST 2013

Many thanks to Peter and Brian for their help; it was indeed a permissions problem; thanks also to Josh Paulson of the RStudio team for pointing me to instructions for making the necessary changes.

But at the risk of seeming not only ungrateful and pedantic, but also off-topic, can I point out that all this strictly only answers part of my question, which was "why **all of a sudden** I can't quit?" (emphasis added).

I'm not conscious of changing permissions, so apparently this was something that was done to me, rather than something that I did.

All I know is that the issue seemed to crop up after I installed RStudio.

Best wishes,

Julian Wells

Begin forwarded message: