[R] matching multiple fields from a matrix

jercrowley jcrowley2 at mtech.edu
Mon Apr 15 23:07:20 CEST 2013

I have been trying many ways to match 2 separate fields in a matrix.  Here is
a simplified version of the matrix:

site1	depth1	year1	site2	depth2	year2
10	30	1860	NA	NA	NA
NA	NA	NA	50	30	1860

Basically I am trying to identify the sites which have a common year and
depth from 2 datasets.  What I would like to do is match all of the year1
field to year2 field and the depth1 field and to depth2 field.  Then I would
like to output site1, site2, depth, and year.

I have been trying if loops, which(), isTRUE(), etc. but I have not come up
with anything that works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy