[R] path reference problems in R 3.0.0

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Apr 28 08:15:41 CEST 2013

a) You seem to be under the impression that running as Administrator fixes
problems... in my experience, it simply multiplies them. [1]

b) Your personal library is in an unusual place... it is usually an R
directory under your Documents folder...

C:\Users\melissa\R\win-library\3.0

should normally be

C:\Users\melissa\Documents\R\win-library\3.0

on a Win7 system.  This mis-location may be related to your problems.

c) Your errors seem to be suggesting that you have a Windows XP-style
personal library path in your install somewhere:

c:/Docume~1/melissa/R/win-library/3.0

That is definitely not kosher on a Win7 system.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@r-project.org/msg193966.html