[R] Retreiving correct data from combining two datasets

Dark info at software-solutions.nl
Mon Aug 5 15:57:30 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have two datasets:

Dataset 1 - List of Users, the layout looks like this:
ID Name C1 C2 C3 ............C23 C24 C25

Dataset 2 - List of Codes, the layout looks like this:
Code Description Category

The code fields in the user-dataset do not have to contain a value and if
they have a value they dont have to correspond with the Codes-dataset.

Now I need 2 things:
- Per user-record the number of occurences in the Codes table, so if one
user would have C1, C8, C12, C19 occuring in the Codes dataset that would be
4.
- The top 20 of the most occuring codes with their description

I find this very challenging but I'm sure there are some R-guru's out there
who can help me on this:)
I cannot give any sample data because it's classified

Thanks in advance