[R] 3D Surface plot

Simon Delay-Fortier simon.delay-fortier at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 18 15:52:37 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I am a very new user of r (doing most of my previous stuff in vba). I am now mandated to draw a 3-d surface of a mine pit hole. I have all the location points (around 5000 points) of the pit in a CSV file under 3 column X, Y & Z. However, going from page to page on the web, I could not figure out how to code the figure. Something I noted is that most of the time X and Y  have to be in ascending order but the data I have are not (since they are finite points of the pit, if X gets  in ascending order, Y and Z are not). Also with the data, sometimes 2 rows fallowing each ohter have the same X and Y value with a different Z. That would be nice if things could be modeled with rgl function in order to have a rotating pit, but I would be glad to only have a 3d surface to start!

Hope you can help.
Sincerly,

Simon Delay-Fortier