[R] read ".slk" file

Thu Dec 19 02:17:11 CET 2013

I suspect this could be SYLK format, a very old spreadsheet exchange format. The only hit that I get from RSiteSearch("sylk") is read.gnumeric.sheet, which depends on an external program "ssconvert" to extract CSV. In the plus department, it is a text-based format that has been implemented numerous times so you could roll your own reader based on open source code. In the minus department, there is no published specification, so if your files have quirks then you will have to work around them one by one, and it really is like Latin... a dead language.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing