[R] read ".slk" file

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Dec 19 19:06:39 CET 2013

On Dec 16, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Santosh wrote:

> Dear Rxperts..
>
> I recently received a data file with the extension ".slk". If I save the
> file as MS Excel file, I am able to read in R without issues.  Is it
> possible to read this ".slk" file without converting into another
> R-readable data format?

Reading this I wondered if you could use sep=";" with read.* functions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SYmbolic_LinK_%28SYLK%29

That is NOT going to give you a neat dataframe, but you didn't make your goals very clear so it seems possible that you might get what you needed from some selected input lines.

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA