[R] Modifying Package Data

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 4 20:37:13 CET 2013

   The bio.infer package contains a data frame
/usr/lib/R/library/bio.infer/data/itis.ttable.rda that needs to be modified.
After loading the bio.infer package and attaching the data frame with the
data() function, I wrote the data frame to a text file.

   After adding another row to the data frame I applied read.table() to
create a data frame, but it's in my pwd, not the R library data subdirectory
for the bio.infer package.

   What is the R function to copy/save/write either the text file or the
local copy of itis.ttable to
/usr/lib/R/library/bio.infer/data/itis.ttable.rda?

Thanks,

Rich